Select examples of my recent and ongoing work
Research on Social Connectedness
Steven’s Masters thesis research focused on social connectedness, loneliness, and social burdens as part of the Stanford Well for Life project. Read his thesis here or learn more about the broader Stanford WELL for Life project here.
Boundaries of Humanity Project
This ongoing Stanford-based interdisciplinary research project focuses on the Boundaries of Humanity: Humans, Animals, and Machines in the Age of Biotechnology. To learn more, see the official website.
Technology & Human Flourishing
Read a series Steven wrote on technology and human flourishing for ORBITER magazine:
Online Tool to Reduce Screentime
The Screentime Genie is an online tool with customized solutions to reduce unwanted screentime and improve our relationship with screens.
- Try the tool here.
- See my 10-minute presentation on it here.
- See more from the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford with Dr. BJ Fogg.
Behavior Design Articles
Level up your efficiency and well-being with these tips informed by the best behavior science:
Racial Justice Materials
Steven loves working on the science and practice of connection!
- Sunny is a beautiful app and website gosunny.org to help you bring more positivity and connection into your daily life
- Social Weather is a major initiative to promote a data-driven approach to community well-being
- How to be Happier at Stanford by Building Professional Relationships is a new course taught by Steven and Professor BJ Fogg.